Langdon Hills to South Ockendon Village Green
Walk 31: Weds 28th July 2021
On this page
Distance: 13 miles
We begin this walk alongside our sister festival T100. On arrival Ali Pretty will show the pennants that have been created to represent the miles around Langdon Hills. We will then walk through Langdon Hills country park focusing on the importance of maintaining forestry and the essential role public green spaces have played throughout lockdown.
After saying goodbye to the T100 walkers who will continue on their shorter route (pink on the map), Beach of Dreams heads over to Bulphan and Ockendon.
To all Walkers
There are two official meeting locations per day; at the start and near the mid-point. If you only wish to walk your one-mile stretch and join the walking party as it comes through your section, you can specify to meet ‘at my mile’ on the booking form. If you are meeting ‘at my mile’, please understand it is difficult for us to specify the exact time the main walking party will arrive. To help you estimate this, use the scheduled times below and add 30 mins per mile to get to your mile. We are using a walking speed of 2 miles an hour as a guide.
If you don’t receive any emails about the walks, please check your spam folder or email email@example.com
Please arrive on time.
- Meeting point 9.45AM: (Miles 450 – 456) Car Park at Westley Heights Country Park, 1 Dry St, Langdon Hills, Basildon SS16 5LT (nb. This is the official address, but it takes you to the wrong place. It’s best to use the Miller and Carter postcode which is just at the end of the road. SS16 6HU then turn into the little lane just next to Miller and Carter, the building will be on your left and at the end of the lane you will arrive at the Westley Heights Car Park. )
- 10-10.15AM: Welcome and pennant talk led by Ali Pretty
- 10.15AM-1.30PM: Walk along with T100 for a short way then head to Bulphan while T100 continues on a shorter route.
- Mid point 1:30PM: (Miles 457 – 462) Glass House Retreat, Harrow Rd, Bulphan RM14 3BP
- End point 4:30PM: The Green, opposite St Nicholas The Green, South Ockendon, RM15 6SD
Route: Walk 31
The pink route line is the T100 festival walk